Particularly in these challenging times, grantseekers need to explore all avenues to secure and diversify their funding. Learn how to effectively use Foundation Center Cooperating Collection resources and hopefully find prospective funders. The goal of the workshop is to help you feel better prepared to delve into the world of grantseeking!
WHEN: 3rd Wednesday of every month (Please note the December 21, 2016 meeting has been cancelled)
WHERE: Community Foundation of West Texas – 6102 82nd #8b, Lubbock TX
REGISTER: Call (806)762-8061 or email
If you’re involved with a nonprofit organization or an individual grantseeker we can help you. Our resource center provides free public access to the Foundation Center’s core collection, plus our own library of over 200 titles.
This includes grant directories, books, periodicals and videos on fundraising, board development, executive leadership, marketing and communications and nonprofit management.
You’ll have free access to the Foundation Center’s electronic databases, The Foundation Directory Online Professional, on two computer terminals. This fully searchable database includes detailed profiles of all active U.S. foundations, as well as an extensive file of recent grants awarded by the nation’s top funders.
We also have Foundation Grants to Individuals Online, where you can research more than 6,200 foundation and public charity programs that fund artists, students, researchers, and other individual grantseekers.
The Foundation Center’s Online Librarian can also answer your questions about foundations, philanthropy and fundraising research. Click on the icon to learn more.
Answers to a few frequently asked questions:
- The Cooperating Collection is housed at the Community Foundation of West Texas located at 6102 82nd Street, 8B, Lubbock, Texas 79424.
- Collection resources are free and available to the public from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday — Friday. The Collection Supervisor or other Community Foundation staff members will be available to assist visitors during those hours.
- No appointments are necessary but interested parties are strongly encouraged to call ahead to verify research station availability.
- This is a non-lending library. However, we have ample space to read, view materials or do your research.
- For more information, please contact Tami Swoboda at email@example.com.